«APEIRON» — a portuguese journal of philosophy organized by the students of the University of Minho invites students from all the levels of study for contributions for papers.
The main goal of Apeiron is to give an opportunity to young researchers to have a plataform to publish early works on several topics.
The main target have been the portuguese students; but from now on we will have a special place dedicated to publish papers in english.
This nr. 8 will be focused on «Philosophy, Ethics and Anmial Rights», and will be having the participation of a special guest: Professor Peter Singer (Princeton University).
Specifically, we are searching for proposals on the following topics:
1) History and Philosophy of Animal Ethics;
2) Should Nonhuman animals have (moral) rights and moral status?
3) Do we have a moral obligation towards non-human and human animals?
4) Are there arguments for defending the use of non-human animals for food, clothing, scientific research, etc.?
5) What are the criterias for atributing moral status to a being?
6) Should we act in the wildlife?
7) How to legislate an animal ethics?
8) Ecology and Animal Ethics;
Other issues that fall under the general discussion.
Papers should be the length of a typical journal article (Times New Roman size 12), but the length is flexible.
Target: Undergraduate Students, Masters Students and Ph.D. Students.
— Due: May 15, 2016
— Notification of accepted proposals: May 30, 2016
Submit your proposal to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: «Apeiron» doesn’t have a formal scientific committee or a blind-review system. However, should the editor need help, he will, informally, aks a Portuguese expert of the topic for such.
«Apeiron» is published by CreateSpace Independent Publishing.
For questions, please contact us at — email@example.com
Thank you for your consideration.
Steven S. Gouveia (Editor)